Thursday 13 May 2010

New Wave


After a day of taking …hmm… documentary photographs during the filming of a documentary film that my cousin is doing for his study project , I went to see Krnc’ exhibition and the to the concert of Nouvelle Vague that I was really looking forward to. And you remember how I was raging about Challenge and what an excellent concert it was? Well I do. This one was also an excellent concert, but from a different aspect.
Challenge was all about great musicians doing great things with their instruments and thoroughly enjoying themselves. Nouvelle vague was a concert at which the band (well at least the two singers – I must say the rest of the band really is in the background) had great fun as did the audience. Everybody was singing along (we all knew the songs from their first time round – not the band’s the song’s – as Nouvelle Vague do remakes of various songs (and in the start they were all New Wave songs) and maybe the music and singing was not – hmm – the best evah, but I can assure you all that nobody noticed this, as the atmosphere was sky high (a daft pun, but here it is).

No comments:

Post a Comment