Monday 17 October 2011

A day in the life


I read the news today, oh boy... (as the Beatles song goes)
So my version goes (stuck to the original lyrics wherever possible, so a lot of it is not mine, but from the Liverpudlian fab four):

I watched the news to day, oh boy
About a two year who almost made the grave
She was hit by a van
and then by another
just to be sure
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen her face before
Nobody was really sure
If she really was the girl from next door.

I went to the theatre today oh boy
The leader had just died
in the middle of the night
A crowd of people turned away
but I just had to look
Having read the book

(Anyway, I thought the photo from yesterday's performance went well together with the story about the 2 year old girl who was hit by a van and nobody came to check on her, even though they walked past)

No comments:

Post a Comment