Wednesday 6 October 2010

Love is the drug for me


I thought I would see you sitting there
all pretty in your summer dress
with that little frown on your face
because you were the first to arrive
and I was running late
'cos I had to save a beggar's life on the way
for he stopped me and said he didn't have any money
to buy a sandwich and some milk...

I took him to a sandwich shop
and bought him the biggest one we found
and a big carton of milk to go with
he looked at me as if I was crazy
because he thought I would give him a quid or two
and he could put it on his drug pile
and inject it all at the end of the day

but you were not there
the chair was cold
the streets were empty
the rain was falling slowly through the still air
and I realised you never even came.

No comments:

Post a Comment