Saturday 29 January 2011

Things that make me late...


There I am. Headphones on. Listening to 'Lost in the supermarket' by The Clash. Whizzing on my bike (the one that was stolen a day or two ago, but then abandoned 200 metres away). On my way to meet for a drink with my friend. The streets (no, not Mike Skinner) are empty. It is way too cold and that time in the evening when everybody who wanted to be out is there already, those who wanted to stay in have their feet up in front of the telly and it is still too early for people to be heading home...

And then I see this and think: ‘I could maybe do a photo of this.’ But by the time this thought enters the conscious me, I am already down the street. So, I turn the bike round and cycle back uphill. I take a photo and another... and look around... and think: ‘That over there looks kinda cool.’ So I walk over there. Take a photo. Change the settings. Take another. Look around. See something else. But think: ‘No, I better go, I am late already.’ So off I go and leave another photo opportunity for another day.

As I walk in to the cafe I can see him. He has started his beer. Yup, I am definetly late.

1 comment:

  1. Jikes. It's weird to read a txt that includes yourself :)

    ReplyDelete