Monday 31 January 2011

It is all Punk and Two Tone


Went to see a very, very young band (somebody said they were 13, 14 & 16 - almost Hanson – isn’t that what those three kids that had the mmmbob song were called? - age) that played punk. And even though they lacked the conviction when playing God save the queen (it was at that moment I thought... errr punk is not all about just the song and performing it... you need the energy... you need to be a bit tough... you know, one day you will find yourself at a venue where somebody will chuck something on stage and I tell you, you will be petrified (no not overcome by Petra)... I think too young for punk does exist... Even though I remember that I used to listen to and enjoy it when I was their age...so OK, disproving myself again...)

Then there was a time jump, skip, vault, leap... You know a band that was formed at the end of the 70s, when punk came round the first time appeared on stage... And they probably enjoyed themselves even more than the young ones (the young ones weren’t 100% relaxed, but were not that tense either)...

No comments:

Post a Comment