Friday 23 April 2010

A post way to long for anyone to read


(even longer than two (yes 2) text messages put together, almost long enough to be (in 2010) considered an equal to War and Peace - not in its quality, just in the long-windedness)
All this jumping around will kill me one of these days. First I was not jumping around at all, but sitting at the computer translating like there is no tomorrow. But before tomorrow could come, the evening came, and I went to see Repetitori (which I have seen twice already). As much as I liked them the first and second time round they only did one new song in over a year and they seem to have become err.. what is the word... err... repetitive. But still I think that whoever has not seen them should go and see them, because they are good and should be enjoyed... anyway, I didn't really go to see them, I wanted to see Deerhoof who I never seen before. And those who know me, know that if I go to a concert of a band I don't know, I do not listen to them previously on myspace or youtube. I want to be surprised. No prejudices for me thanx. So where was I? Ah, yes Deerhoof. A band that is off the main roads, but to me it seemed that they are trying too hard to be a bit different from the rest. You know trying to show they are a bit crazy... just a bit... just enough to make them different.
One would think that seeing two bands should be enough for one evening, wouldn't one? But no... about an hour into Deerhoos I got a phone call (as previously arranged) that I need to go somewhere else and take a photo for a magazine. So I came there and my friends (the music critic (of the text I needed to take a photo for) and his girlfriend were having a miserable evening. They were both tired and feed up with the late nights and everything that goes with it (just so you know kids it is not all sex & drugs & rock’n’roll). And you know when you are in company of people who are really miserable, you are either the joker full of energy who lifts them up or you are the one (especially if you are in the minority) who falls into their spiralling misery and despair and you get the great desire for the evening to end... Well, guess which one I am (or at least I was yesterday. I also had a tough week). Yes, we managed to get selected for the very first staging of Les Miserables in Slovenia (I am certain it will be a great hit that will fill the theatres for decades to come). So in the end I managed to take a mediocre photo for the magazine (maybe we will go and see something else today or tomorrow and I can improve), the text has not been written yet (I guess), but hopefully the trio Les Mis managed to get some sleep and we are all looking forward to a better evening.
So anyway... as the post is way too long I will finish it right here and now...With a little footnote: the photo I chose, I chose because I think it reflects the feeling I had towards the end of the evening and not because it really reflected the entire evening.
P.S (what am I now, a photographer or a writer?)

1 comment:

  1. I'd call someone who takes great photos and writes well an ARTIST

    ReplyDelete