Saturday 13 July 2024

Trellick 52 Festival


 It is good to come back to London and immediately discover there is a festival with live music going on. It gave me the chance to bump into some of the locals I haven't seen since I left London and hear a combination of not yet heard and already heard acts. The first one I came to was Greebo (Not seen them (I think this is the pronoun they identify with) before).  


Greebo was followed by Peaky Saku, who I also have not heard before.


And then came the already established local band Loretta & The Five Shades (with KJ), who I have already seen before. 


 Here are Loretta and KJ in a loving duet 


and of course Hamid, at whose place I spent a few New Year's eves (unlike on this photo, he often has a smile on that face of his), so I had to post a photo of him here.


Of course we also had our local Rotten Hill Gang (so guess where we were :) ) 


In the area a proper day of music needs to have a steel band at some stage, this time The Metronomes closed down the show. 


While the music was playing the graffiti artists were creating their art   


and people were 


dancing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment