Wednesday 23 May 2018

Walked down to the river

 to the Tate Exchange at Tate Modern, to see what they are up to and say hello to a few peeps. 
This week's Who are we? focuses on refugee and migrant art. 

Of course while I was there, I had to look at the Slovene living room, with the chairs they designed together with a refugee currently living in Slovenia. 

My major disappointment at the show was that I discovered that the UK pen-pushers refused entry visas to two refugees currently living in Slovenia, who the Slovene team wanted to bring along so they could participate at a show dealing with refugees in one of UK's main art institutions (what is all that about?)

The part of Gian Carlo Menotti's opera The Consul that was performed in the space slotted in nicely with the whole visa issue and indicated to the despair and insanity this can lead to.  

 Once we were chucked out of Tate I was invited to go to Danielle Arnauld's gallery to see Eva Sajovic's Unearthing Elephant exhibition, where I met some nice people

 heard an interesting piece with a bit of spoken word/poetry (always love that, me) thrown in 

and saw these pieces which made me think that Eva should get in touch with Enya, as they are both Slovenes living in London, but more importantly, they have both recently focused on the space between two strangers in works they recently created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment