Saturday 7 April 2012

Shyness and all that

Sometimes I watch a performance and get an idea for a photo. And the shy person that I am (oh yes, indeedy) I used to find it impossible to - after the show - approach a person I wanted in the photo and ask him or her (or in really tough cases them) to pose for me, you know, just because I had an idea (of course I was thrilled about the idea, but I thought that if I told it to somebody else they would think it was just plain stupid). Unfortunately this means that I have a few unrealized photos floating around my brain (which I think is a shame). But, luckily I managed to overcome this shyness to some extent and can now - after minutes of agonising (usually you know you don't have a lot of time before everybody disperses) - walk up to a person and ask him or her (or even them) to pose for me (and just in case you were wondering, this photo is a result of one such moment). So, if you are shy and I come to ask you to pose for a photo, try to overcome your shyness knowing that I had to overcome mine to walk up to you and ask you to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment