Saturday 10 March 2012

Hanif


Kureishi. In my neighbourhood. And I only learned about this half an hour before he was to appear on stage (sometimes - rarely mind you- it is good to watch TV). At moments like these you are glad that Ljubljana is small and that you live close to the center. So guess who grabbed his camera and whizzed into town?
While listening to him I definitely wanted to chuck away my non-existant day job and get into writing and photographing full time. I guess there is not much to lose at the moment (is there?) and reading Down and out in Paris and London (by George Orwell) will teach me how to survive on two Francs a day (I think I still got a few of them at home, sitting worthlessly in an after eight box). (So keep your fingers crossed)

1 comment:

  1. Masters to learn from. It is a practice. As you do with photography and getting better :-) So start writing. So start publishing. Like you do here. I have an idea for you. Just drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete