Wednesday 1 July 2015

A day exactly as it is supposed to be (with abundent photo ops)

It all kicked off with the opening of the Ana Desetnica street theatre festival and its first show of the afternoon. 
(where there was this guy who I think had - in these difficult times - landed himself a well deserved job with the Ministry of Silly Walks - perhaps the only ministry in this downtrodden part of Europe that still actively employs people).
Then I silly walked (inspired as I was) to someplace completely different where I met some people and got handed a beer (At tea time!I mean really! Do people have no shame these days? Unfortunately this can apparently not be avoided as strange things tend to happen to strange people (like myself)). While gently wrapping my lips around the plastic see through container and slowly sipping on the beer, some people around me got trapped in large boxes, while the rest of us were lucky enough to watch on in disbelief as we were entertained by the invading creatures from the underground (who appear to be just like you and me, only with shorter legs).
At some stage I managed to escape these body snatching invaders and bravely made my way to a street on the other side of the river (thinking I will be safe there, as there was no way these short legged people could cross the high waters). And yes, apparently, everybody else believed the same, for there was party and dance on that part of the river.

I can only imagine that these celebrations continued late into the night. But duty called (and I heard that the short legged creatures from the underworld returned to the underworld, so both river banks were safe once again), so I headed for an exhibition opening, where I saw this guy
actually reading the exhibition catalogue at the opening.  Had he not learned anything? Reading is for the beach (if you are an exhibitionist type like this guy clearly is). Hey psssst! There is an actual photo hanging right there, on the wall, right behind you. Turn around. Turn around! TURN AROUND!... Oh, ffs, this is useless. You are not going to turn around are you? Like ever?!!?
I give up. I'll walk away...
and stumble into a lively concert that brought my day to an end.
 (Thanx everyone for making all these photo ops possible - if every day was as good as this, there would be an endless series of good days)

No comments:

Post a Comment