Wednesday 26 May 2010

Flo


as in Florence & The Machine. If I was spoilt for choice yesterday with three different events I attended, today was straight forward. I knew that the blog will be all about Florence & The Machine. After all the trouble I went through (well in the end it wasn't that bad) to get a photo press card for the concert, it had to be Flo, didn't it? I will even have to write a short review of the concert... Ah the depths we sink into... That is just for all of you who think that being a translator/photographer is a simple job.
But no, to get back to the subject (as if I ever was there in the first place). I enjoyed the concert. It wasn’t the best ever, well it wasn’t even the best this year, but it was in the top five of the year for sure (I do attend an immense number of concerts). I think I realised that I attend various concerts for various reasons. I went to listen to (well and photograph) Challenge (Kat Dyson, TM Stevens, Cindy Blackman) for the music, Nouvelle Vague for the show and that certain concert feeling, Nevchehirlian and Tindersticks for the poetry and poetic feeling and Florence for the pure energy and strong voice (Here I could go on and on with all the concerts, but it is just meant as a indication of the various reasons I might attend a concert). And yes Florence gave me all the energy I expected and a bit of a show and more stage decoration that a simple mind can handle. Job well done, Flo :).
(And yes, I noticed I surprised most yesterday with this piece of information, but I do have her album on my mp3 player and I do listen to her sometimes as I cycle around town)

No comments:

Post a Comment