Thursday 5 May 2011

One of the best...




... jazz photographers currently around. Goes without saying. What is that? Somebody in the back row seems to be disagreeing with me. Well, you are entitled to your opinion, but before you start raging and raving check his homepage. And yesterday he openend an exhibition in one of my favourite venues... A park exhibition opening in the sun... what more could one want? If I wasn't so terrified of the concept I would say perfect (the concept of perfect that is)... I think this event might be one of those that calls for me to break the rules and post multiple photos (I do like to break the rules every now and then, just to feel alive). So, now that you have seen the face and you know who we are talking about, here are a few more:
This one I chose because it looks a bit like he is saying: Me and my friends have just returned from a family gathering in Sicily... ooppss sorry forget that, from a jazz festival in Sardegna...
OK, I didn't chose it because of this. But it was taken during his opening speech, and the two guys in the background are not his bodyguards or members of the'family' but jazz musicians (and I thought it was only seeming to take a photo that included them - as it was an opening of an exhibition of jazz photos - but because it was obviously Žiga's day (for a change - usually it is the musicians in the foreground while he stands out of the photo - he had to be sharp and the musicians blurred... and for those who would not know what it is all about, they can just about make out the name in the back... so that should be a starting point for googling - so I thought it was a well thought out photo - in some ways anyway).
This one I chose because this is what he is usually like (well at least when he does not have a huge lens sticking out from where his nose should be)... relaxed and smiling and enjoying himself...
And this one... well this one is a photo of his work, just so you can see what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment