Saturday 27 February 2010

An end of a week of good concerts


A week in which I have seen 5 bands at 4 concerts on 3 different days at 2 venues has ended with The Tiger Lillies. Fun. Very Brechtian (not so much punk as they were announced - well except for Adrian Huge trashing his drum kit in the middle of the concert, which obviously lead to a break) and cabaret like. It made me think that there are probably only a few towns in the world from which something like this could emerge and London - apparently - is one of them. So it sort of follows Voudville (I know a bit far fetched) from the 1880s to 1930s, Berlin (1930s) then I have no idea where it disappeared, but obvisouly re-emerged in late 1980s in London. Of course I had a problem deciding which photo (I also went on top of a hill and looked into the snow and water covered plain from there - some good photos) to chose, even though I decided early to give you one from the concert. The three performers appear to be very different (even though they obviously have some common traits). But here is my selection for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment